Men's conferences, such as Iron Sharpens Iron (ISI) Conferences, are more than just a day out. They provide fellowship, encouragement, and inspiration. Consider the following plan for a day at an Iron Sharpens Iron Conference:
1. Travel Together. Meet at the church or at a strategic location and begin the conference day together. Grab a coffee and some conversation as you prepare for the day.
2. Show Your Unity. One way of building unity with the men of your church is to provide everyman who attends the conference a shirt with the ISI logo and/or your church logo. This also will remind men for years to come about their time together at the conference.
3. Worship Together. The sanctuary at an ISI Conference opens at 8:15 so position your men to be ready to enter together, sit together and worship together at the opening main session.
4. Seminar Selection. Encourage men to attend different seminars based on their interests and their different seasons of life. Inform each man where you will meet after the seminars.
5. Lunch Together. Gather the men together during the lunch hour at a specific location. The lunch break is a great time to discuss and process the morning seminars.
6. Stay for the Day. The conference ends promptly at 4:55 PM so stay for the day and encourage the men of your church to do the same. The closing message is often the highlight of the conference.
7. Order Recordings. One way to bring the conference home is to order downloads of both keynote messages and every one of the equipping seminars before you leave the conference.
8. Dinner Together. The best place to begin to capture the momentum of the ISI Conference is the ride home and possibly planning ahead to stop for dinner. Encourage select men in each car to model transparency and share what they learned during the day.